The library subscribes to the following resources so you can access them for free with your library card!
British Columbia Codes (in Library Use Only) – Includes the current BC Building Code (including Plumbing Services) and the BC Fire Code. If you are away from the library you can access these resources here.
British Columbia Statistics – Statistics on population, business, the economy, labour and society. From BCStats, the central statistical agency of the Province of British Columbia.
KnowBC Online (In-Library use only) – Includes the following resources:
- Encyclopedia of British Columbia – With more than 4,000 entries and 1,500 accompanying photographs, maps, charts and tables, as well as sound and video clips.
- Marine Life of the Pacific Northwest – A Photographic Encyclopedia of Invertebrates, Seaweeds and Selected Fishes.
- The Encyclopedia of Raincoast Place Names – A Complete Reference to Coastal British Columbia
- Far West – The Story of British Columbia
- Raincoast Chronicles 20 – Lilies and Fireweed: Frontier Women of British Columbia.
- Where Mountains Meet the Sea – A History of Coastal BC
LinkedInLearning for Libraries – 16,000+ free online courses provided by leading industry experts available in 7 languages! Free access with your library card!
Vehicle Safety and Inspection Standards Online (In Library Use Only) Current vehicle safety and inspection standards and related BC legislation.
More Recommended Resources
BC Laws – Free public access to the Statutes & Regulations of B.C.
BC Historical Newspapers Collection Investigate decades of B.C.’s history. Anyone in B.C. or the Yukon has access to 125+ years of digital news archives from 3 of B.C.’s oldest and most respected newspapers thanks to a collaboration of your B.C. libraries.
Points to the Past – Searchable primary source material: maps, photos, newspapers, manuscripts, pamphlets, portraits, sermons, poems, and more. For research, teaching and learning.
Clicklaw – An Internet subject guide to authoritative legal resources in BC and Canada. Developed by the Legal Services Society of BC and now maintained by the BC Courthouse Library Society. No library card is required to access this resource on the Internet.