Borrow from Other Libraries
There may be times when you want to borrow from another BC Library:
- You couldn’t find what you were looking for in your home library.
- You happen to be visiting another BC Library.
Requesting Books to be Delivered to Your Home Library
The easiest way to request a book from another library is to use BC Interlibrary Connect.
- Go to the catalogue and search for an item
- If the item you want is not available in the Dawson Creek library, change the library to BC Interlibrary Connect
- If the item is available at another library, click “place hold” (you will have to sign in to your library account)
- Ensure the information is correct and click “submit”
- The library will contact you when the item arrives!
If you still can’t find the item, try finding it elsewhere in BC using Illume, a catalogue for all BC libraries. If you find it at another library, request it to be delivered to your home library for pick up!
Visiting Other BC Libraries
If you’re on the road and find yourself in another BC public library, you can easily borrow items. The best part is that you can return these items to any other BC public library, so if you’re traveling through BC, it’s easy to drop items off as you go. We call this program BC OneCard. For more information on how to do this, check our BC OneCard page (please note that borrowing policies may vary slightly between various libraries).